PATHWAYS OF FORMATION
WEBSITE FOR NORTHAMPTON RC DIOCESE
This comprised a blended learning initiative exploring some of the ‘Twelve Marks of a Thriving Catholic Community’ identified in the ‘Walking Humbly’ initiative of Northampton RC Diocese.
- A mixture of on-line engagement, small group work and larger diocesan gatherings.
- Self-directed adult formation within a broad framework.
- Reflection on personal experience and the sharing of life and faith in groups.
- Beautifully designed website and resource material using a variety of media so as to be agreeable a variety of learning styles.
- An on-line dimension which is as safe and simple as possible.
The approach was:
- Exploratory and conversational rather than overly didactic or prescriptive.
- Flexible enough to allow people to follow the process at whatever level they want to take it – so the choices in ‘further places to go’ would include both the properly intellectual and the light and personal.
- Designed to allow participants to experience Christian community and to encouraging attitudinal change as much as the sharing of information.